Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What a Freakin' Week end.....

To start off Saturday, My husband and I went to his Grandfathers Funeral. It was more emotional than I had expected. Pap was a great guy, and we had gotten pretty close.

Well, I hadn't eaten anything all day, until the family dinner after the funeral at 3pm. So I ate, and ate, until I was full. Then it started, I got my usual stomach pains, that last all night and no amount of antacid can cure it. So that is #1, my chest pains.

We had plans to go to the beach this weekend, we have a camper there and it's opening weekend. My husband REALLY needed to get away from the drama from home. This was set up before anything happened to Pap. We also invited one of my friends to come down with us.

Well, since the funeral was on Saturday, I used a Bereavement day on Monday. So we were still have a "week-end" away. When we went to leave the feeling of "this is NOT a good idea" came over me.

As we started our trip, us three and our two dogs, "IT" started, "IT" meaning my friend condescending attitude.

She was not happy about how my husband drove. She was not happy about me smoking in the car. She was not happy about the dogs in the van, touching her stuff. And this was only the FIRST hour of our THREE hour drive.

Well, we get down there....to our camper, and she says - "I did NOT pack for THIS!" For WHAT??? It's a camper, not a tent, and it has running water, a shower and a toilet. What is wrong. She kept insisting that I didn't tell her that it was a camp ground, I doubt that....HIGHLY!!!

Then we get inside, and of course it's a little musty smelling, only to be expected after sitting for the closed season. That's why we go down for opening week-end!!! Well, we scrubbed the bathroom top to bottom. Then proceeded to make her bed. I pulled sheets out that were washed at the end of last season and put away in the cabinet. My friend whispers to me "are these clean?" (Mind you every thing that has been coming out of her mouth, is accompanied by a very ugly scowl on her face.)

That was Saturday.

Sunday, I got woken up by her, unfortunately I still had my Stomach pains. I told her to go get breakfast with my husband, and let me rest. Of course it was a little more meaner than that, I was sleeping!! Anyway, they leave and I got up, ate some cereal and started feeling better.

Let me fast forward to Sunday afternoon, where my friend proceeds to tell me that she has to poop. I told her to go, no one was in the bathroom. She said no. She doesn't want to use THAT toilet. Then we were getting showered up, since we spent the afternoon cleaning up. She didn't use the shower either.

Besides all this crap she was pulling, she was whining about everything: "I hate this song, I'm cold, I don't like this food......." and so on.

She also got left alone with my Yellow Lab, my black lab was outside on her lead. Well, she decided to leave him, with Pop-eyes Chicken on the table. He ate it. Chicken bones and all. And yes he got sick.

Not to mention, she was sitting outside on Monday morning, while we were getting our stuff together to go back home, she was watching my black lab....or was she?? We came outside and my poor dog was wrapped around the tree, tight and she was digging a HUGE hole. What was my friend doing???? Sleeping on a moldy, bug infested, damp picnic table. She had no problem sleeping on that, but a problem sleeping on washed sheets, just because they weren't folded.....ugh!!!

So, there's more but it aggravates me to think about it. Oh, she did mention about 20 times on the way home that she feels DISGUSTING! Well, maybe she should have showered.

As soon as we got home, she bolted for her car and left. Are you kidding me?? So much for a "relaxing" week end.

Wow.

3 comments:

A, B, C, and D said...

that sux. I have to tell u about this time I went to the beach with a "friend"
--it is very similar to your story!

Di said...

uh...I don't think shes what you would call a friend. Besides...sin't it weird that it was the 3 of you...it's an odd number...a married couple and a single friend. Makes for weird/uncomfortable situations.

Next time I'm there, introduce me....I'll show her the meaning of "Southern Hospitality" hahaha

Sory your weekend wasn't that great. When we talk I will TELL you about mine. Let's just say I celebrated quatro de mayo a little too much.

carmilevy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather. May you both know no further sorrow.

Your "friend" doesn't sound like much of a friend. Maybe my concept of being a guest is a little different than hers, but being able to hang with my buds at a trailer sounds kinda neat.

My wife and I started dating when we were fresh-faced teens. She lived at home and her parents had a trailer in upstate NY. It was such a privilege for me when they started to invite me up. I can't imagine ever stepping on a host's hospitality in that way.

For the record, I'd give my eye teeth to get left alone with a lab(or two, even better.) THAT would be a cool exclamation point on a weekend.

The mustiness of opening weekend is all part of the appeal.

Sheesh....sorry, I'm rambling. I just don't get some folks.