Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Friday the 13th......I won't be at work

On Friday the 13th, I will be having gull bladder surgery. This is a good thing, ever since I was 12 or 13, I have been having abdominal pains after eating.

This would on occur when I wait too long to eat (like my stomach is growling), and then I eat to the point where I am stuffed. Nothing helped to take it away, not tums, not antacid, nothing. I would have these pains for the rest of the day and sometimes through the night (sometimes even waking me up).

After multiple tests, my gull bladder does not work right. It only compresses to about 24%, when at bare minimum it should compress at 35%.

So, I am happy. I will be happy not to have these stupid pains ever again.

I'm not scared, this doc apparently does this surgery at least 5 times a week. That's good, at least he has it down.

The whole process should only be about a half an hour. I take well to anesthesia, when I wake up I have a lot of energy. I'm ready and raren to go!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
On a side note, I haven't been posting as much because of restricted internet use at work. I don't have a computer at home. So bare with me as I try to update y'all as much as possible!!!

Have a good weekend, see you next Tuesday when I get back.......

2 comments:

Megan said...

My bad, it's Gall Bladder, not Gull Bladder....oops.

carmilevy said...

I kinda like the play on words. "Gull" makes it seem a little less medicinal and scary.

I'll say a little prayer that you come through with flying colors. I know this stuff is supposed to be routine nowadays, but I still get worked up over any medical procedure. I'm just a wimp, is all.

Here's to a more comfy future for you.