Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, and it like THAT already!

I was helping a lady on the phone this morning that was having some issues. She was crying, and I could really sympathize with her.

I was telling her what she needed to do to get expedited help. At the end of the call I told her to take a deep breath and everything will be ok.

She said thanks and got off the phone.

Well, as soon as I hung up, 5 of my co-workers are staring at me and laughing out loud.

WTF.

I had to excuse myself to the bathroom, to cry. This is taking me back to high school, seriously.


I thought about it, and may be they are jealous that I can be so sincere with the customers, and that I'm progressing through this company, and they are just stuck here in the same position FOREVER being the negative Nancie's that they are. Whatever.

Bottom line, I get it, but it still hurts to be blatantly laughed at.




Here's to the rest of the week.


PS - My 8 puppies were born on July 26th, 2008. Four black, four white, four boys and four girls.

I'll try to get pics, I'm still figuring out how to...with out a camera.

See ya'll later!

4 comments:

Di said...

congrats on the pupps !!!!! I bet they are C U T E cute !

Don't worry about them, do your job the way you want and he who you are, kind sincere and honest. Let them do what they want how they want.

TRUST ME, screw them. You have a heart and honestly care, not everyne does. When you care about your job you go forth and put out the extra effort that they don't.

They ARE haters, let's them hate. No, it's not fun and it's not easy but you feel better about what you do and who you are at the end of the day.

It's called character and you have it. I have it. We were raised that way,. Never compromise who you are or your character.

Love ya kiddo ! You did good !!!

Di said...

Dude...post a new blog already lol

carmilevy said...

Di is absolutely right: Ignore them. They only give you the gears because they have no other way of dealing with an achiever.

You'll have to trust me on this one, too. I used to manage help desks. Was pretty good at it, too. Witnessed more than my fair share of this kind of idiocy, and never missed an opportunity to haul the idiots into a meeting room and set them straight. It was great fun to have that kind of power, but it wore off eventually when I realized these morons would be driving the same mostly-open cubicle pretty much forever.

So I went back to writing.

But enough about me: you said it best in your entry. Continue to tell yourself that you're above these nowhere-people. We know, too.

Wondering where you've been for the past 3+ weeks. Hope all's well in your world. Chime in soon, k?

Di said...

Kiddo, I know you have limited access to the internet and stuff, but please for the the love of HOney's Apple Dumplings....post something new !!!!

Love ya !!!